Friday 25 August 2017

Love

This is something I wrote a little while ago, and thought I'd share.



Falling in love isn't necessarily something that happens all of a sudden. Like, one minute you're not in love and the next you're head over heels for them. It could happen I guess, but I don't think it happens often. When I fell in love with my boyfriend it wasn't something that happened in an instant. I remember when I first realized that I loved him, but it wasn't when I fell in love with him. No matter how hard I try, I can't find a distinct moment when I could say: "That's when I fell in love with him." Love doesn't work like that, it's much more subtle. It kinda creeps up on you while you're not looking and all of a sudden you realize you're in love and you don't know how or when it happened.

Falling in love is so different from having a crush on someone. I used to like having crushes on people because there was that rush of adrenaline, people teasing you, it was fun! But love isn't like that. Love isn't fun, it's beautiful, mysterious, powerful, and ultimately scary.

When you fall in love, you find the things that were once so important to you, fading into the background. The awesome dreams you had, although you might still have them, don't hold the same excitement and importance that they used to. You find that the people who used to be the most special in your life, have stepped back, and someone else has taken their place. Your world suddenly becomes so much smaller, but at the same time so much bigger. You realize that what makes you the most happy now, is seeing the person you love happy. 

Love isn't something that can be explained. You have to feel it yourself to know what it feels like. And once you've felt love's soft fingers wrap themselves around your heart, you'll never want to live without them again.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so beautiful, and so well described. Thank you for sharing your heart! <3

    ReplyDelete